NOAA NCBO CBIBS
Project Title: NOAA Chesapeake Bay Office Chesapeake Bay Interpretive Buoy System (CBIBS) Collaborative Acoustic Array
MATOS Project Code: CBIBS
Project Duration: January 2009 - January 2025
Project Description: CBIBS acts as an acoustic monitoring array for tagged marine species in the Chesapeake Bay. The detection data from up to ten different stations is annually uploaded to this project and our deployment spreadsheet is updated concurrently. Our stations are unique in that they are simultaneously acquiring atmospheric, water quality and physical observations of the marine environment. The corresponding environmental data is archived and available to relate to detection data at https://www.nodc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/OAS/prd/accession/details/159578 Our receiver array hosts either NOAA NCBO or SERC Vemco VR2W or VR2C receivers. Please reach out and share how detection data picked up from the CBIBS array has helped you better understand marine species activity and migration. Through your feedback and additional data requests we can best observe, communicate and support the research needed to monitor the activity of marine species including ASFMC managed species.
- Provide an active continuous array acquiring marine species detection data in the Chesapeake Bay to
- Encourage fisheries and marine habitat studies utilizing CBIBS datasets.
- Provide educational outreach to the public relaying trends on how often marine species are frequenti
- Nicole Trenholm (University Maryland Baltimore County) email@example.com
- Matthew Ogburn (SERC)
- Andy McGowan
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center
External URL: https://buoybay.noaa.gov/